Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Take out the trash Tuesday!
Ok. I have received many E-Mails asking if I could talk about different things. Here is a list of just a few.
1) Q: Have you found a way to get that "Nasty" smell out of my husband's workout clothes. STU: My wife complains about this too. I would love to find the answer to this. P.S. I do a lot of the laundry (just for the record).
2) Q: Why does his shoes stink so much the day after a run? STU: I find that anytime you run and shoes get wet, just put newspaper in them and that will keep them from smelling.
3) Q: Why can't my spouse put on a NON "Dry fit" shirt when we go to the movies or out to dinner? STU: I love the feel of those shirts. I will try and do better on this.
4) Q: Can I get a spouses guide to Triathlon lingo? For example, my husband was on the phone last night and the conversation went like this. "I'm doing a tempo run today followed by some spin-ups on the bike." What the heck is he talking about? I will make an attempt to learn, but need some help. If I do this he better stop complaining about my trips to the mall. STU: Good idea. I know some newbies that might like to see this as well. I also make the attempt to get the lingo down from my wife and her job.
5) Q: My wife says she gets a runners high all the time. I have tried but feel like a "hangover" when I run. What's the deal? STU: Hmmmm. I get the "high" about 90% of all workouts. Maybe that’s why I like it so much. Hard to explain this one.
6) Q: I would love to know what other spouses do for a living. Will you let me know? I do research on Cancer research for a major drug company. It would be interesting to see the demographics of triathlete spouses. STU: Ok, I can tell you that my wife is an awesome science teacher for 8th graders. How cool is that! And you?
Posted by SimplyStu at 10:05 AM